Youth Support Workers
|Job Title:||Youth Support Workers|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2019 10:32|
Positions available in and around Ipswich.
- Provide support to young people in a group home, in-home and respite setting
- Work with complex care needs and challenging behaviours
- While this is a casual role there are solid opportunities to transition into permanent positions
The position description for this role is located here: http://edmen.com.au/media/Support_Worker_Position_Description.pdf
Please copy and paste the above into your internet browser to access it.
What you need to succeed
• Minimum 6 months paid experience as a Support Worker (residential Out Of Home Care, youth or mental health work)
• Hold a minimum Certificate IV in a recognised relevant qualification (or be able to provide proof that you have enrolled in such a course prior to the commencement of work)
• Experience supporting people who have challenging behaviours
• Hold a current Australian Drivers Licence and have your own car
• Experience with personal care and manual handing
• Willing to do shift work including emergency/on call work
• Hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate or be willing to obtain these
• Hold a current Blue Card and Yellow Card or be willing to obtain these
An understanding of Therapeutic Support Models will be highly regarded.
Applicants must have solid behaviour support experience and proven skills in working with behaviour support plans.
Applicants must be ready to start immediately and be available for rostered and emergency shifts.
How to apply
Easy! Click on the Apply Now button you see here.
For any further inquiries please visit our website www.edmen.com.au or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org