|Job title:||Residential Youth Worker - Wagga Wagga MFC|
About the role:
This is the part where there is usually a long list of things you will be required to do in your role, but as a professional, experienced and qualified Residential Youth Worker you already know what you’re doing. If you share our passion for delivering quality client-centred services that significantly improve the lives of children and young people we’d love to hear from you.
Have you ever left a difficult shift and felt like you weren’t supported? As an EDMEN Youth Worker, you will have access to debriefing, supervision and support. Let’s grab a coffee and have a chat about it.
Have you ever felt pressure to back-fill a shift, but not been shown any appreciation when you make an effort?
The very nature of your work with EDMEN is flexibility. Got an important event coming up, let us know your availability each week and we will work around you. Our exclusive mixed rotating roster promotes work-life balance for all our staff. On a side note, we’ll also match your location with the client so you won’t have to worry about lengthy commutes or extensive travel.
To be Successful, you will have:
- Paid experience as a Support Worker in the community services sector
- Enrolment in a Certificate IV level qualification in a child/youth related field
- Hold an unrestricted & current Australian Drivers Licence and your own reliable vehicle
- Experience with personal care and manual handing
- Regular availability for day and evening shifts, sleep overs and weekend shifts - Minimum 2 days a week available for 24 hour shifts including a sleepover
- A vehicle with full comprehensive car insurance
- Hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate or be willing to obtain these
- Hold a current NSW Working With Children Check
- Hope and Healing Certificate
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) trained
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- An understanding of trauma and attachment theories and the resulting behaviours likely to be demonstrated by our young people
- Experience working with Indigenous and CALD clients
- Base salary is paid between $33.00 - $52.65 per hour plus super
- Night and weekend penalty rates on top of the base rate
- Flexible working hours
Simply click the Apply Now button you see here. For any further inquiries, please visit our website www.edmen.com.au or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org