Residential Youth Support Worker
|Job Title:||Residential Youth Support Worker|
|Location:||QLD Sunshine Coast|
|Job Published:||June 05, 2019 15:16|
Edmen are seeking Support Workers to support young people with complex trauma backgrounds. Casual role with ample hours available. Weekly pay, no time sheets and opportunities to transition into a permanent role with our client.
Work available in Caloundra.
- Provide support to young people in a group home, in-home and respite setting
- Assist with activities of daily living, community support and empowerment
- Work with complex care needs and challenging behaviours
- While this is a casual role there are solid opportunities to transition into permanent positions
The position description for this role is located here: http://edmen.com.au/media/Support_Worker_Position_Description.pdf
Please copy and paste the above into your internet browser to access it.
What you need to succeed
• Minimum 6 months paid experience as a Support Worker (residential Out Of Home Care, youth or mental health work)
• Hold a minimum Certificate IV in a recognised relevant qualification (or be able to provide proof that you have enrolled in such a course prior to the commencement of work)
• Experience supporting people who have challenging behaviours
• Hold a current Australian Drivers Licence and have your own car
• Experience with personal care and manual handing
• Willing to do shift work including emergency/on call work
• Hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate or be willing to obtain these
• Hold a current Blue Card and Yellow Card or be willing to obtain these
An understanding of Therapeutic Support Models will be highly regarded.
Applicants must have solid behaviour support experience and proven skills in working with behaviour support plans.
Applicants must be ready to start immediately and be available for roster and emergency shifts.
How to apply
Easy! Click on the Apply Now button you see here.
For any further inquiries please visit our website www.edmen.com.au or please email us at email@example.com
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's