Mental Health and Disability Support Workers
|Job Title:||Mental Health and Disability Support Workers|
|Job Published:||July 31, 2019 12:46|
This role will suit high energy support workers with a passion for connecting with people and their community.
Roles located in Cairns.
About the job
These are highly varied positions, requiring people who are resilient and can provide both emotional and practical support consistently across a wide range of situations.
What we're looking for
- Highly experienced support workers with a minimum of 6 months PAID, demonstrated experience
- Hold (or be studying towards) a minimum Certificate III qualification in disability or another community services related field
- Applicants who have experience supporting adults or young people with challenging behaviours
- People with the ability to be flexible, strong and resilient in various challenging situations
- Experience with supporting activities of daily living including personal care, manual handling and medications
- What you need to succeed in this role
- Current Blue and Yellow Cards or be willing to obtain these
- Experience working with moderate to high challenging behaviours
- Demonstrated experience with personal care, medications, hoists & manual handling
- A current Australian Drivers Licence and be willing to transport people in your car when required
- A current First Aid Certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Candidates with extensive experience with following behaviour support plans will be highly regarded
How to apply
Please click the Apply Now button here. For any further inquiries, please visit our website www.edmen.com.au or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org