Illawarra Residential Youth Workers
|Job Title:||Illawarra Residential Youth Workers|
|Job Published:||January 13, 2020 12:45|
Residential Youth Workers - Illawarra
About the role:
This is the part where there is usually a long list of things you will be required to do in your role, but as a professional, experienced and qualified Residential Youth Worker you already know what you’re doing. If you share our passion for delivering quality client-centred services that significantly improve the lives of children and young people we’d love to hear from you.
Have you ever left a difficult shift and felt like you weren’t supported? As an EDMEN Youth Worker, you will have access to debriefing, supervision and support.
Have you ever felt pressure to back-fill a shift, but not been shown any appreciation when you make an effort? The very nature of your work with EDMEN is flexibility. Got an important event coming up, let us know your availability each week and we will work around you. Our exclusive mixed rotating roster promotes work-life balance for all our staff. On a side note, we’ll also match your location with the client so you won’t have to worry about lengthy commutes or extensive travel.
To be Successful, you will have:
- Paid experience as a Support/Youth Worker in the community services sector
- Hold a minimum Diploma Level qualification in a youth related field (or hold a CERT IV and be willing to enroll in a diploma level course prior to the commencement of work)
- Experience supporting people who have challenging behaviours
- An understanding of Therapeutic Support Models
- Regular availability for day and evening shifts, sleep overs and weekend shifts
- Hold a current First Aid and CPR certificate or be willing to obtain these
- Hold a current NSW Working With Children Check
- Hold an unrestricted & current Australian Drivers Licence and your own reliable vehicle
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) trained
- Youth Mental Health First Aid
- An understanding of trauma and attachment theories and the resulting behaviours likely to be demonstrated by our young people
- Flexible working hours
- Access to Employee WOW rewards program
- Support from a local team available 24/7
- Work for Australia's Largest National Staffing provider in the Community Service Sector
Easy! Click on the Apply Now button you see here.
For any further inquiries please visit our website www.edmen.com.au or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org