|Job title:||Experienced Disability Support Worker|
|Location:||NSW Sydney North West|
We are currently seeking experienced candidates for immediate start in Carlingford area.
The role will require you to mentor and support young people in a disability setting with a range of complex needs.
The selected candidates will be provided not only with further training opportunities but genuine career opportunities to transition into permanent work direct with the organization.
Shifts will include a combination of mornings, afternoons, weekends and nights, as well as on-call/emergency shifts.
Due to the nature of this role, we do require applicants with demonstrated paid 6 months experience as a Youth Worker, disability support worker or working in a similar 'hands on' role.
- Provide individualized high-quality supports that promote the health, physical, emotional, social and behavioural needs and goals
- Make suggestions to shape, progress, and help support the new program and care plans
- Assisting in the transition, where required, of the children/ young people to their ‘new home’, creating a safe, homely and supportive environment
- Work closely with a multidisciplinary team to deliver comprehensive client care
- Support client in their day to day lives according to the individual Care Plans
- Diploma in Community Services or related area (Cert IV can be considered but must be willing to complete Diploma)
- Hold a current Australian drivers license (minimum P2) and have own car
- Previous experience working with people with disability and/or children and young people
- Must have experience in high medical needs clients including manual handling, personal care
- Hold a current First Aid certificate and updated CPR or be willing to obtain
- Hold a WWCC and police check or be willing to obtain one
This is a great opportunity to work within a well respected organization with great opportunities to secure permanent work.
Do not miss out! Apply NOW!