|Job title:||Disability Support Workers - Gold Coast|
|Location:||QLD Gold Coast|
We are seeking Disability Support Workers on the Gold Coast who have demonstrated experience supporting people with varying needs across all service models.
This role will see you on the front-line providing daily support to adults with physical and intellectual disabilities. Work varies across residential services, Lifestyle and Leisure programs, respite services and community access shifts.
The successful applicants will be required to work in group homes, respite services, day program and In-home environments supporting people living with disabilities.
A variety of shifts are available including split shifts, sleepovers and weekends, therefore applicants are required to have a flexible approach to working hours.
What we are looking for
- A team player with a minimum of 3-6 months PAID demonstrated experience
- You will need the ability to be flexible, strong and resilient in various challenging situations
- Experience with personal care, medications, manual handling and behaviour support plans
- Be willing to work shift work including emergency/on call shifts
- Current Blue and Yellow Cards or be willing to obtain these
- Experience working with moderate to high challenging behaviours
- Demonstrated experience with personal care, medications, hoists & manual handling
- A current Australian Drivers Licence and be willing to transport people in your car when required
- A current First Aid Certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Candidates with extensive experience with high medical care needs will be highly regarded
- A positive attitude and genuine interest/passion for the community services
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to make a difference
- Exciting opportunity with the potential to lead into a permanent position
- Varied service types and a wide array of customers, giving you rare experience within the sector
On application for this role you acknowledge and approve to be contacted between the hours of 0900-2000 Monday to Saturday by one of our valued team members.
How to apply
Do not miss out on this fantastic opportunity to get your foot in the door with a leading and well respected service organisation.
Please click the Apply Now button here!
Get similar jobs like these by email