|Job title:||Disability Support Workers|
|Location:||QLD Gold Coast|
Edmen are seeking Disability Support Workers in the Gold Coast. COVID-19 restrictions are easing and we have customers ready and waiting for their supports to ramp back up!
This role will see you on the front-line providing daily support to adults with physical and intellectual disabilities. Work varies across residential services, Lifestyle and Leisure programs, respite services and community access shifts.
The successful candidates will be required to work over a 24/7 roster and emergency shifts when required. We can accommodate people with flexible availability.
What we are looking for
- A team player with a minimum of 6 months PAID demonstrated experience
- You will need the ability to be flexible, strong and resilient in various challenging situations
- Experience with personal care, medications, manual handling and behaviour support plans
- Be willing to work shift work including emergency/on call shifts
What you need to succeed in this role
- Current Blue and Yellow Cards or be willing to obtain these
- Experience working with moderate to high challenging behaviours
- Demonstrated experience with personal care, medications, hoists & manual handling
- A current Australian Drivers Licence and be willing to transport people in your car when required
- A current First Aid Certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Candidates with extensive experience with high medical care needs will be highly regarded
- A positive attitude and genuine interest/passion for the community services
The position description for this role is located here: http://edmen.com.au/media/Support_Worker_Position_Description.pdf
Please copy and paste the above into your internet browser to access it.
- Rewarding opportunity with the ability to make a difference
- Exciting opportunity with the potential to lead into a permanent position
- Varied service types and a wide array of customers, giving you rare experience within the sector
On application for this role you acknowledge and approve to be contacted between the hours of 0900-2000 Monday to Friday by one of our valued team members.
How to apply
Please click the Apply Now button here. For any further inquiries, please visit our website www.edmen.com.au or please email us at email@example.com