Disability Support Workers
|Job Title:||Disability Support Workers|
|Location:||SA Adelaide North|
|Job Published:||January 24, 2020 16:34|
About the company
At Edmen, we invest significantly in our workforce to ensure the partnership between us is successful. Our thorough on-boarding process means that you will be ready to hit the ground running in this challenging but rewarding role.
About the roles
Edmen is currently seeking Disability Support Workers with demonstrated experience working within the sector. This challenging role will have you supporting adults who have intellectual and/or physical disabilities within group homes, respite services, community access and more. You will be joining our professional team and will work with some of Australia's leading service providers.
What we are looking for
- A minimum of 6 months paid experience working within the Disability Sector
- Experience with moderate to extreme behaviors of concern
- Experience with personal care, manual handling, assisting with medication and other activities of daily living
- You will be willing to work shift work (AM, PM, sleep over/active night) including emergency/on call shifts
- You will show passion and commitment to empowerment and be able to problem solve and think on your feet
Please copy and paste the above into your internet browser to access it.
What you need
- A current DCSI Check (Disability or Child Related) and/or SA Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated experience with personal care, medications, hoists & manual handling
- A current FULL Australian Drivers Licence and reliable transport
- A current First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain one
- Candidates holding a minimum Certificate III in a community services field will be highly regarded.
Simply click the Apply Now button you see here. For any further inquiries, please visit our website www.edmen.com.au or please email us at email@example.com