Disability Support Workers
|Job Title:||Disability Support Workers|
|Location:||SA Adelaide North|
|Job Published:||May 09, 2019 12:32|
About the company
At Edmen, we invest significantly in our workforce to ensure the partnership between us is successful. Our thorough on-boarding process means that you will be ready to hit the ground running in this challenging but rewarding role.
About the roles
Edmen is currently seeking Support Workers with demonstrated experience working with adults with the challenges of dual diagnosis. You will be joining our professional team and will work for one of Australia's leading service providers.
This exciting role will have you supporting some amazing adults who have intellectual disabilities and a mental health diagnosis within group homes, respite services and more.
What we are looking for
- Minimum 6 months paid experience working within the Disability Sector
- Experience with moderate to extreme complex behaviours
- Experience with personal care, manual handling and other activities of daily living
- You will show passion and commitment to empowerment and be able to problem solve and think on your feet
- You will be willing to work shift work including emergency/on call shifts
The position description for this role is located here: http://edmen.com.au/media/Support_Worker_Position_Description.pdf
Please copy and paste the above into your internet browser to access it.
What you need
- A current DCSI Child Check
- Experience working with moderate to extreme challenging behaviours
- Demonstrated experience with personal care, medications, hoists & manual handling
- A current FULL Australian Drivers Licence and reliable transport
- A current First Aid certificate or willingness to obtain one
- Candidates holding a minimum Certificate III in a community services field will be highly regarded.
Simply click the Apply Now button you see here. For any further inquiries, please visit our website www.edmen.com.au or please email us at email@example.com