Disability Support Workers
|Job Title:||Disability Support Workers|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2019 18:01|
This role will suit high energy support workers with a passion for connecting with people and their community.
Roles located Newcastle.
About the job
These are highly varied positions, requiring people who are resilient and can provide both emotional and practical support consistently across a wide range of situations.
What we're looking for
- Highly experienced support workers with a minimum of 6 months PAID, demonstrated experience
- Hold (or be studying towards) a minimum Certificate III qualification in disability or another community services related field
- Applicants who have experience supporting adults or young people with challenging behaviours
- People with the ability to be flexible, strong and resilient in various challenging situations
- Experience with supporting activities of daily living including personal care, manual handling and medications
- A current Australian Drivers Licence and be willing to transport people in your car when required
- Experience with personal care, medications assistance and manual handling
- Willing to do shift work including emergency/on call work
- Hold a current First Aid certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Hold a current Working With Children Check or be willing to obtain one
Applicants must have solid behaviours experience and confidence in using behaviour support plans.
Varied shifts available across a 24/7 roster. Applicants must be willing to do sleepover shifts.
The successful applicants must be willing to undertake a National Police Check at the final stages of the recruitment process at a cost of $43.
How to apply
Easy! Click on the Apply Now button you see here.
For any further inquiries please visit our website www.edmen.com.au or please email us at email@example.com
The position description for this role is located here: http://edmen.com.au/media/Support_Worker_Position_Description.pdf
Please copy and paste the above into your internet browser to access it.