|Job title:||Disability Support Worker - Taringa|
About the role
Edmen are seeking support workers for work in Taringa. This role will see you on the front-line providing daily support to adults with physical & intellectual disabilities with Mental Health.
Casual roles with ample work opportunities, weekly pay, no timesheets and rosters that will help you create your best work/life balance.
The successful candidates will be required to work over a 24/7 roster and emergency shifts when required.
- Minimum 6 months paid experience as a Disability or Mental Health Support Worker
- Hold a current Queensland Driver Licence and have your own car
- Hold a current First Aid Certificate or be willing to obtain one
- Hold a current Blue & Yellow Card or willing to obtain one
- Certificate III in Community Services related field such as Mental Health, Disability or Individual Support will be highly regarded
- Medications experience is a must.
- Challenging behaviours experience is a must
- Prior experience with intellectual disabilities is essential
- Great Mental health knowledge and experience is MANDATORY
- Experience with personal care, medications, manual handling, community support and behavior support plans
- Mature candidates with great attitude to work
- Candidates with dog-allergies are not suitable.
- Ability to work in a complex fast-changing environment.
- Non-judgmental attitude
- Ability to manage potential verbal and physical aggression.
- Resilience and determination
- Firm but also fair when needed
- Knowledge of trauma is preferred but not essential
How to apply
Simply click the Apply Now button here
For any further inquiries please visit our website www.edmen.com.au