Community Care Worker
|Job Title:||Community Care Worker|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2020 11:16|
Here at Edmen Direct Support Services we are looking for people who have a passion for helping others. We have multiple opportunities for Community Care Workers in the Illawarra and are looking for Motivated and Compassionate staff to join our team.
We have a variety of participants requiring assistance and your role will focus on supporting people to be the best they can be. This means having fun and enjoying life:
Duties and responsibilities can include;
- Personal grooming and hygiene; assistance with medication reminders and general self-care
- Transport assistance to the supermarket, or to watch a local sports team
- Assistance with domestic duties and general help around the house
- Helping our people with disabilities - including visits to the hairdresser, Doctors Appointments, Mani-Pedi’s or the local café for a coffee
- Outdoor activities, a gentle stroll, taking someone to the movies once a week, or helping out in the garden
- Food shopping, menu planning and meal preparation - or assisting with arts, crafts and new creations!
- Access to a comprehensively insured vehicle
- Willingness to transport participants in own vehicle (Km’s will be reimbursed)
- Current Driver's licence
- A current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Current National Police Check
- A smart phone with internet access
- Recent and contactable references
What makes you a great Edmen Community Care Worker?
- You’re patient, flexible and understanding
- You’re supportive and have a caring nature
- You’re committed to the rights of people with a disability
- You have good communication skills
- You’re able to perform domestic duties efficiently
Please be advised that these are casual positions and the minimum shift is two hours, however multiple shifts per day and ongoing shift opportunities are available. Please note that all applications are treated equally and shortlisted based on merit.
How to apply
Simply click the Apply Now button here or email us at email@example.com
For any further inquiries please visit our website www.edmen.com.au