|Job title:||Community Care Workers - Cairns|
We are looking for people who have a passion for helping others. We have multiple opportunities for Community Care Workers in the Cairns area, and are looking for motivated and compassionate staff to join our team.
We have a variety of participants requiring assistance and your role will focus on supporting people in the community to foster their connection to country.
Duties and responsibilities can include:
- Supporting customers with community engagement and cultural activities for improved social skills, interactions and relationships
- Transport and community access assistance to the supermarket, work or appointments
- Domestic duties such as cleaning and laundry
- Grocery shopping, meal planning and safe food preparation
- Capacity building, empowering customers to develop life skills in cooking, shopping, budgeting, finding and keeping a job
- Assistance with personal care (showering and toileting as required), grooming and hygiene; medication prompting and general self-care
- Experience or qualifications in Disabilities or Aged Care would be highly regarded
- Their own comprehensively insured vehicle
- Willingness to transport participants in own vehicle (Km’s will be reimbursed)
- Current Driver's licence
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current National Police Check
- Current Working with Children's Check
- Proof of up-to-date influenza immunisation
- A smart phone with internet access
- Recent and contactable references
What makes you a great Community Care Worker?
- You’re flexible and reliable, you show initiative and take pride in your work
- You’re supportive, understanding and have a caring nature
- You’re committed to the rights of people with a disability
- You have good communication skills
- You’re able to perform domestic duties efficiently
Please be advised that these are casual positions and the minimum shift is two hours, however multiple shifts per day and ongoing shift opportunities may be available.
Please note that all applications are treated equally and shortlisted based on merit.
How to apply
Simply click the Apply Now button
For any further inquiries please visit our website: www.edmen.com.au