|Job title:||Community Care Workers|
Edmen Community Staffing Solutions is currently recruiting on behalf of our community service partner, NNA Direct Support Service.
NNA Direct Support Service provides an easy way for people with a disability to access tailored support services in the comfort of their own home. As an NDIS registered provider, they offer quality services to NDIS participants and caregivers across New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and South Australia.
We are looking for people who have a passion for helping others. We have work opportunities for Community Care Workers in the Swan Hill and Balranald areas, and are looking for motivated and compassionate staff to join our team who are willing to work across both locations.
We have participants requiring assistance within their own home and out in the community, and your role will focus on supporting people with daily living activities and empowering their independence.
Duties and responsibilities can include:
- Transport and community access assistance for shopping, work or appointments
- Domestic duties such as cleaning and laundry
- Grocery shopping, meal planning and safe food preparation
- Supporting customers with community engagement and activities for improved social skills, interactions and relationships
- Capacity building, empowering customers to develop life skills in cooking, shopping, budgeting, finding and keeping a job
- Assistance with manual handling, personal care (showering and toileting as required), grooming and hygiene; medication prompting and general self-care
- Cert III or above, and/or paid experience in Community Services discipline (Disability, Community Services or Individual Support)
- Their own comprehensively insured vehicle
- Willingness to transport participants in own vehicle (Km’s will be reimbursed)
- Current Driver's Licence
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current National Police Check
- Current VIC & NSW Working with Children's Checks
- Willingness to undergo Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check
- A smart phone with internet access
- Recent and contactable references
- Availability for a range of shift times - mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends
- You’re flexible and reliable, you show initiative and take pride in your work
- You’re supportive, understanding and have a caring nature
- You’re committed to the rights of people with a disability
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You’re able to perform domestic duties efficiently
Please be advised that these are casual positions and the minimum shift is two hours, however multiple shifts per day and ongoing shift opportunities may be available.
Please note that all applications are treated equally and shortlisted based on merit.
How to apply:
Simply click the Apply Now button
For any further inquiries please visit our website: www.edmen.com.au