|Job title:||Community Care Workers|
|Salary||$25 - $35 per hour|
Edmen Community Staffing Solutions are currently recruiting for casual Community Care Workers in the Illawarra. We have multiple vacancies for reliable, committed staff who have a passion for providing support to those in their community, with a person-centred approach.
Your role will focus on supporting people within their homes & out in the community, fostering their independence and providing them with quality care.
Duties and responsibilities can include:
- Assistance with manual handling, personal care (showering and toileting as required), grooming and hygiene; medication prompting and general self-care
- Domestic duties such as cleaning and laundry
- Grocery shopping, meal planning and safe food preparation
- Transport and community access assistance to the supermarket, work or appointments
- Capacity building, empowering customers to develop life skills in cooking, shopping, budgeting, finding and keeping a job
- Supporting customers with companionship, community engagement and activities for improved social skills, interactions and relationships
- Qualifications and/or experience in Disabilities, Individual Support, Community Services, Aged Care, AIN or Nursing
- Confident and skilled in performing personal care and manual handling duties
- Their own comprehensively insured vehicle, and willingness to transport participants in own vehicle (Km’s will be reimbursed)
- Current Driver's Licence
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current National Police Check
- Current Working with Children's Check
- A smart phone with internet access
- Recent and contactable references
- Availability for a range of shift times - mornings, afternoons, evenings and MUST be available on weekends
- You’re flexible and reliable, you show initiative and take pride in your work
- You’re supportive, understanding and have a caring nature
- You’re committed to the rights of people with a disability
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You’re able to perform domestic duties efficiently
Please be advised that these are casual positions and the minimum shift is two hours, however multiple shifts per day and ongoing shift opportunities may be available.
Please note that all applications are treated equally and shortlisted based on merit.
How to apply:
Simply click the Apply Now button.
For any further inquiries please visit our website: www.edmen.com.au