|Job title:||Community Care Workers|
|Salary||$25 - $35 per hour|
Edmen Community Staffing Solutions are currently recruiting for casual Community Care Workers in the Cairns area. We have multiple vacancies for reliable, committed staff who have a passion for providing support to those in their community, with a person-centred approach.
Your role will focus on supporting people within their homes & out in the community, fostering their independence and providing them with quality care.
Duties and responsibilities can include:
- Grocery shopping, meal planning and safe food preparation
- Capacity building, empowering customers to develop life skills in cooking, shopping, budgeting, finding and keeping a job
- Supporting customers with community engagement for improved social skills, interactions and relationships
- Transport and community access assistance to the supermarket, work or appointments
- Domestic duties such as cleaning and laundry
- Assistance with personal care, grooming and hygiene, medication prompting and general self-care
- Experience, qualifications or placement in Disabilities, Individual Support, Community Services or Aged Care
- Their own comprehensively insured vehicle
- Willingness to transport participants in own vehicle (Km’s will be reimbursed)
- Current Blue & Yellow Cards
- Current Driver's Licence
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- A smart phone with internet access
- Recent and contactable references
- Available for a range of shift times, including evenings, overnight shifts and weekends
- You’re flexible and reliable, you show initiative and take pride in your work
- You’re supportive, understanding and have a caring nature
- You’re committed to the rights of people with a disability
- You have good communication skills
- You’re able to perform domestic duties efficiently
Please be advised that these are casual positions, however multiple shifts per day and ongoing shift opportunities may be available.
Please note that all applications are treated equally and shortlisted based on merit.
How to apply:
Simply click the Apply Now button.
For any further inquiries please visit our website: www.edmen.com.au