|Job title:||Community Care Worker - Nunawading VIC|
We are looking for people who have a passion for helping others. We have multiple opportunities for Community Care Workers within the Nunawading area, and are looking for motivated and compassionate staff to join our team.
We have a variety of participants requiring assistance and your role will focus on supporting people to be the best they can be.
Duties and responsibilities can include;
- Transport and community access assistance to the supermarket, work or appointments
- Domestic duties such as cleaning and laundry
- Grocery shopping, meal planning and safe food preparation
- Capacity building, empowering customers to develop life skills in cooking, shopping, budgeting, finding and keeping a job
- Supporting customers with community engagement and activities for improved social skills, interactions and relationships
- Assistance with personal care, grooming and hygiene; and general self-care
- Manual Handing experience is required
- Experience with ABI is highly desirable
- own insured vehicle
- Willingness to transport participants in own vehicle (Km’s will be reimbursed)
- Willingness to travel to support customers living up to 1 hr away
- Current Driver's licence
- A current First Aid certificate
- Current National Police Check
- Current Working with Children's Check
- A smart phone with internet access
- Recent and contactable references
- Availability for a range of shift times - mornings, afternoons/evenings, weekends
What makes you a great Community Care Worker?
- You’re flexible and reliable, you show initiative and take pride in your work
- You’re supportive, understanding and have a caring nature
- You’re committed to the rights of people with a disability
- You have good communication skills
- You’re able to perform domestic duties efficiently
Please be advised that these are casual positions and the minimum shift is two hours, however multiple shifts per day and ongoing shift opportunities may be available.
Please note that all applications are treated equally and shortlisted based on merit.
How to apply
Simply click the Apply Now button
For any further inquiries please visit our website: www.edmen.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email