|Job title:||Community Care Worker - Milton/Ulladulla|
Edmen Community Staffing Solutions are currently recruiting for casual Community Care Workers around the Ulladulla area. We have multiple vacancies for staff who are motivated, reliable and have a passion for helping others.
Your role will focus on supporting people within their homes & out in the community, fostering their independence and providing them with quality care.
Duties and responsibilities can include:
- Assistance with daily activities such as personal care and manual handling (showering and toileting as required), grooming and hygiene, medication prompting
- Transport and community access assistance to the supermarket, work or appointments
- Domestic duties such as cleaning and laundry
- Grocery shopping, meal planning and safe food preparation
- Capacity building, empowering customers to develop life skills in cooking, shopping, budgeting, finding and keeping a job
- Companionship and supporting customers with community engagement and activities for improved social skills, interactions and relationships
- Minimum 6 months paid experience in the Community or Health sector
- Cert III or above qualifications in Disability, Individual Support, Aged Care, AIN or Nursing
- Experience with personal care, manual handling, medications and peg feeding duties will be highly regarded - as well as experience supporting people with Motor Neurone Disease
- Their own comprehensively insured vehicle
- Willingness to transport participants in own vehicle (Km’s will be reimbursed)
- Current Driver's licence
- Current First Aid certificate, or willing to obtain
- Current Working with Children Check, or willing to obtain
- A smart phone with internet access
- Recent and contactable references
- Availability for a range of shift times - in particular overnights and weekends
- You’re flexible and reliable, you show initiative and take pride in your work
- You’re supportive, understanding and have a caring nature
- You’re committed to the rights of people with a disability
- You have good communication skills
- You’re able to perform domestic duties efficiently
Please note that all applications are treated equally and shortlisted based on merit.
How to apply
Simply click the Apply Now button.
For any further inquiries please visit our website: www.edmen.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email