|Job title:||Community Care Worker - Hornsby|
Edmen Community Staffing Solutions are currently recruiting for casual Community Care Workers around the Hornsby and Wahroonga areas. We have vacancies for staff who are motivated, reliable, engaging, and have a passion for helping others.
Your role will focus on supporting people within their homes & out in the community, fostering their independence and providing them with quality care.
Duties and responsibilities can include:
- Transport and community access assistance to programs, work or appointments
- Domestic duties such as cleaning and laundry
- Grocery shopping, meal planning and safe food preparation
- Capacity building, empowering customers to develop life skills in cooking, shopping, budgeting, finding and keeping a job
- Companionship and supporting customers with community engagement and activities for improved social skills, interactions and relationships
- Experience or placement in the Community or Health sector, or transferrable skills
- Students or graduates of certificates/degrees in Community or Health related disciplines, i.e. Disability, Individual Support, Social Work, Allied Health, etc
- Their own comprehensively insured vehicle, and willingness to transport participants in own vehicle (Km’s will be reimbursed)
- Current Driver's licence
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate, or willing to obtain
- Current National Police Check & NSW Working with Childrens Check, or willing to obtain
- A smart phone with internet access
- Recent and contactable references
- Availability for a range of shift times - mornings, afternoons, nights and weekends
What makes you a great Community Care Worker?
- You’re flexible and reliable, you show initiative and take pride in your work
- You’re supportive, understanding and have a caring nature
- You’re committed to the rights of people with a disability
- You have good communication skills
Please note that all applications are treated equally and shortlisted based on merit.
How to apply
Simply click the Apply Now button.
For any further inquiries please visit our website: www.edmen.com.au
Get similar jobs like these by email